Our commitment to the environment
Vokèra Ltd is committed to minimizing the negative impact on the environment in every aspect of our business of research and development, design, production and operations of bringing heating products to market. An exhaustive review of UK operations is currently underway, in line with the requirements of BS EN ISO14001. Until this review is completed, and the appropriate policy implemented, the Board of Directors of Vokèra Ltd have adopted the following policy.
Vokèra is committed to reducing waste, recycling any waste generated through all our operations, disposing unavoidable waste in a responsible way and use local resources wherever possible in every aspect of our business, as outlined above.
Every consideration is given in the design of our products to achieve the highest levels of quality and efficiency to minimize any negative impact on the environment.
As part of our philosophy for continual improvement, reducing the impact our operations have on the environment forms part of our BSI meetings and KPI’s. Business decisions are always considered in-line with our commitment to protecting the environment, ensuring we are always doing everything we can to reduce our negative impact on the environment.
Actions taken to reducing waste, maximize recycling, disposing of unavoidable waste in a responsible way and using local resources:
- In our research and development centre, prototype boilers on test are used to heat the lab and part of the offices saving 30% energy.
- Where possible resources are obtained from sustainable sources, at one of our manufacturing plants, a water well beneath the site is used.
- Water used to test our boilers at the end of production is re used.
- All the condensing, primary and bi-thermic heat-exchangers are recyclable, being made in aluminium and copper.
- All control panels are recyclable being made in recyclable plastic.
- All metallic parts (frames, casing, and other components) are recyclable being made in steel.
- All packaging is recyclable, being made in cardboard.
- In our UK Offices we actively recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, wood, tin and printer consumable waste, working with Paper Planet Recycling. This recycling programme saves upon 3000 litres of waste going to landfill every month.
- Vokèra head office in London Colney and regional office in Callan, have their DHW supplied by Solar Energy after having our own Zenith Solar thermal systems installed in early 2007.
- All electrical appliances where possible are turned off when not in use to reduce our energy consumption.
- We transport over 80% of our boilers into the UK via container, this enables 30 more boilers to be transported in one load equating to one less load in 10.
- Our flexibility in delivering products to individual merchant branches or to site results in carbon savings with a lesser burden on transporting boilers to a regional distribution centre, to branch and then to site.
Actions taken to maximize product efficiency to minimize impact on the environment:
- Significant research and development has been undertaken to gain maximum efficiency from our boilers, this includes very high modulation ratio’s enabling the boilers to modulate right down to the minimum flow temperature required to achieve the temperature required. We boast some of the highest modulation ratios in the industry.
- Our product quality is amongst the best in the industry, currently running at over 99% reliability, results in fewer warranty call outs and less vehicles on the road.
- We commit to limiting emissions such as CO2 and NOx, with many of our condensing range having a class 5 NOx rating.