If you have a boiler that needs upgrading, contact us now and we can help make your upgrade hassle free.
Vokera’s boiler upgrade team can answer your queries over the phone or via email on how to go about upgrading your existing gas boiler.
As part of our commitment to maintaining the highest standards, Vokera can also supply you with list of Vokera Approved Installers to contact to ensure you not only get a quality installation, but also at a competitive price, we can also arrange for a Vokera Approved installer to contact you. All Vokera Approved installers undergo a set of stringent checks including:
- Have up to date gas safe registration with the Gas Safe Register
- Are members of, or follow the Benchmark code of practice for quality installation
- Have attended Vokera training within the last 18 months
- Have been trading for at least one year
- Have public liability insurance
- Have a health and safety policy where applicable
- And have agreed to the Vokera Code of Practice. Available upon request.
- We work closely with our Approved installers to ensure that you get a hassle free service every step of the way.
If you have a boiler that you’d like to upgrade, or would like a new system installed, then contact us now at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01727 744031 between 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
Vokèra makes every effort to ensure that any installation that is carried out by one of its Approved Installers is of the highest standard. We do however recommend that you seek references prior to commencement of any work in your property, as Vokèra can take no responsibility for any issues relating to the installation. In the unlikely event of any installation related issue, please make us aware as we continually monitor the quality of the Approved Installer network.
Vokèra the UK’s first boiler specifically designed for outside installation on a balcony or mounted on an external wall. Based on it’s leading combi boiler Unica HE, the Unica Balcony HE offers the same excellent quality, reliability and efficiency, but with increased siting flexibility and the benefit of space saving in a home.
The Unica Balcony HE’s IPX5D rating means that Vokèra is the only UK manufacturer to offer an external boiler able to withstand the elements without the need for additional protection. Not only is it ideal for flats and apartments with limited inside space, but the Unica Balcony HE can also help solve a range of flueing and condensate problems.
When a boiler is not located near an external wall, flue clearances can be difficult to achieve, so the Unica Balcony boiler is a perfect solution. In addition, with many properties wishing to update to a condensing boiler, the issue of condensate disposal can cause problems. Installing a boiler to the outside of the property also means that there is no need to inaugurate lengthy soak away pipework, making the installation quick and easy.
Like the Unica HE, the Unica Balcony HE is a condensing boiler, with the potential to reduce running costs by up to 35 per cent when compared to a conventional boiler. The patented aluminium heat exchanger provides excellent thermal transfer and is corrosion resistant, helping to keep the boiler in good condition and reducing the need for costly maintenance work. The built-in frost protection also helps to keep repair work to a minimum, protecting the appliance from damage during cold weather.
The Unica Balcony HE boiler is initially available in 32kW output, with further models to be added to the range later this year. This latest product from Vokera demonstrates the company’s ongoing commitment to investing in its comprehensive heating solutions that help the installer overcome complex installations.
In addition to the Unica HE range, Vokèra has a comprehensive offering of heating solutions to suit domestic applications, incorporating stylish designs and many optional extras as standard, at an affordable price. For further information call Vokera on 0844 391 0999 or visit www.vokera.co.uk.
Leading boiler manufacturer Vokèra is encouraging Benchmark registered installers to join their recommended installer list, offering them the opportunity to gain customer leads.
Vokèra recognise that particularly because of current difficult market conditions, maximising every opportunity to find new customers is important to installers. Linking up with a leading manufacturer like Vokèra can be the key to finding leads. To join the scheme, Vokera prefer installers to be Benchmark registered, and their necessary qualifications must be up-to-date as well being a loyal Vokera affinity member*.
Eleanor Waldron, marketing director at Vokèra, said: “The recommended installers list is a great way to ensure that we are promoting the best standards in the industry. For those installers who sign up, there is the bonus of being given leads which could turn into work for them, offering them the help they might need during these tough times.”
Vokèra actively supports the HHIC Benchmark scheme, which ensures that the installation and servicing of domestic heating and hot water products are carried out to the highest standards by a fully qualified installer. To find out more about Benchmark or to become a member, visit the Heating and Hot water Industry Council (HHIC) website: www.hhic.org.uk .
For further information on Vokèra’s installer scheme, or how to become a member, email email@example.com.
* Other conditions apply.
As part of its commitment to workable, renewable energy solutions, heating manufacturer Vokèra has launched Aria, the company’s first air source heat pump.
Available in three outputs – 6.8kW, 8.3kW and 11kW – Aria is suitable for new build and retrofit applications. The Aria air-to-water heat pump converts ambient heat from the atmosphere into useable energy for heating and hot water, helping homeowners to save money on their fuel bills and reduce their carbon footprint. The heat pump can be effective even when the outside temperature falls below zero, and can still produce heat from conditions as low as minus 15oC.
The Vokèra air source heat pump works by extracting the heat from the outside air, raising it via a compressor, and then transferring it to a plate heat exchanger. The exchanger then provides heat for central heating or underfloor heating, and also hot water if a cylinder is added to the system. Although flexible enough to be used for a range of applications, Aria is best suited to properties with an underfloor heating system, as they require lower flow temperatures.
Able to operate on a single-phase electrical supply, Aria has a Coefficient of Performance (CoP) of up to 1:3.9 – so for every 1kW of electrical energy used, a heat output of 3.9kW is produced, making it very efficient in operation. For additional energy savings, Aria can be used in conjunction with a solar thermal water heating system, such as Vokèra’s Zenith package.
Aria has been designed to be sited outside of a property and, without the need for any extensive installation preparations, the pump is flexible enough to be used in both new build and retrofit applications. For installers, the heat pump is straightforward to install as it incorporates many system components as standard.
As with most renewable technologies, homeowners with an air source heat pump may require a traditional boiler to provide supplementary heat to make up any temperature differentials. This ensures stable and continued end user comfort. Aria is compatible with all Vokèra boilers.
For the end user, the heat pump is very simple to use. In addition to being easy to operate, Aria is also low noise at just 58db when in use.
Robert Lockhart, Vokèra’s renewables project manager, said: “We are really excited about the launch of our Aria air source heat pump. As a flexible renewable solution, it can be used for both hot water and space heating – something many other ‘green’ options are unable to offer. And when combined with solar thermal water heating, an air source heat pump is a very environmentally friendly and practical option for homeowners.”
The introduction of Aria is the natural next step for Vokèra’s growing renewables portfolio. The company launched the Zenith solar thermal package in 2007 and since then has undergone an intensive renewable launch programme, including the addition of evacuated tubes and inset solar panels to the Zenith range, the Neutro wood pellet boiler and now the air source heat pump.
Vokèra offers a comprehensive range of heating solutions to suit most domestic applications, offering stylish designs and many optional extras as standard, at an affordable price. For further information call Vokèra on 0844 391 0999 or visit www.vokera.co.uk.
The contents of the web site are copyright © 2009 Vokera Ltd. The content of www.vokera.co.uk may not be copied or altered and made accessible to third parties for commercial purposes.
All trademarks on www.vokera.co.uk are protected under trademark law.
UK Head Office:
Unit 7 Riverside Industrial Estate
Tel: 0844 391 0999
Fax: 0844 391 0998
Vokera Site Map
- About Vokèra
- Choose a Product
- Common winter boiler enquiries
- Contact Us
- Energy-related Products Directive (ErP)
- Environmental Policy
- Festive opening hours
- Find an Installer
- Fixed Price Repair Plans
- Graham Training
- Boiler Maintenance
- Gas Boilers
- Renewable Energy
- Saving Energy
- Unvented Cylinders
Our commitment to the environment
Vokèra Ltd is committed to minimizing the negative impact on the environment in every aspect of our business of research and development, design, production and operations of bringing heating products to market. An exhaustive review of UK operations is currently underway, in line with the requirements of BS EN ISO14001. Until this review is completed, and the appropriate policy implemented, the Board of Directors of Vokèra Ltd have adopted the following policy.
Vokèra is committed to reducing waste, recycling any waste generated through all our operations, disposing unavoidable waste in a responsible way and use local resources wherever possible in every aspect of our business, as outlined above.
Every consideration is given in the design of our products to achieve the highest levels of quality and efficiency to minimize any negative impact on the environment.
As part of our philosophy for continual improvement, reducing the impact our operations have on the environment forms part of our BSI meetings and KPI’s. Business decisions are always considered in-line with our commitment to protecting the environment, ensuring we are always doing everything we can to reduce our negative impact on the environment.
Actions taken to reducing waste, maximize recycling, disposing of unavoidable waste in a responsible way and using local resources:
- In our research and development centre, prototype boilers on test are used to heat the lab and part of the offices saving 30% energy.
- Where possible resources are obtained from sustainable sources, at one of our manufacturing plants, a water well beneath the site is used.
- Water used to test our boilers at the end of production is re used.
- All the condensing, primary and bi-thermic heat-exchangers are recyclable, being made in aluminium and copper.
- All control panels are recyclable being made in recyclable plastic.
- All metallic parts (frames, casing, and other components) are recyclable being made in steel.
- All packaging is recyclable, being made in cardboard.
- In our UK Offices we actively recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, wood, tin and printer consumable waste, working with Paper Planet Recycling. This recycling programme saves upon 3000 litres of waste going to landfill every month.
- Vokèra head office in London Colney and regional office in Callan, have their DHW supplied by Solar Energy after having our own Zenith Solar thermal systems installed in early 2007.
- All electrical appliances where possible are turned off when not in use to reduce our energy consumption.
- We transport over 80% of our boilers into the UK via container, this enables 30 more boilers to be transported in one load equating to one less load in 10.
- Our flexibility in delivering products to individual merchant branches or to site results in carbon savings with a lesser burden on transporting boilers to a regional distribution centre, to branch and then to site.
Actions taken to maximize product efficiency to minimize impact on the environment:
- Significant research and development has been undertaken to gain maximum efficiency from our boilers, this includes very high modulation ratio’s enabling the boilers to modulate right down to the minimum flow temperature required to achieve the temperature required. We boast some of the highest modulation ratios in the industry.
- Our product quality is amongst the best in the industry, currently running at over 99% reliability, results in fewer warranty call outs and less vehicles on the road.
- We commit to limiting emissions such as CO2 and NOx, with many of our condensing range having a class 5 NOx rating.